Driving is an essential part of our lives, enabling us to get to and from work, take our children to afterschool activities, and do just about every daily task we have. Unfortunately, car accidents are an inevitable consequence of driving. Most of us will be involved in multiple car accidents during our lifetime. If we are lucky, they will just be minor fender-benders. But all too often, car accidents result in serious injuries to those involved.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, approximately 3,335,800 people are injured in car accidents every year. These injuries all vary in severity based on the location of the impact, type of vehicles involved in the collision, and speed the vehicles were traveling.
Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Brain injuries – these can range in severity from a minor concussion to a life-altering traumatic brain injury which permanently impairs your brain functions
- Neck injuries – the most common neck injury caused by a car accident is whiplash
- Back injuries – as with brain injuries, these can range in severity and potentially result in paralysis
- Facial injuries – facial injuries and lacerations are common and may be caused by shattering glass, hitting your face on the dashboard, or an airbag which does not properly deploy
- Broken bones – these are some of the most common car accident injuries
- Internal organ injuries – these can occur as a result of blunt force trauma which causes ribs to break and puncture the lungs or other organs
If you have been injured in a car accident, it is important to seek medical attention immediately. Certain car accident injuries such as brain injuries, back injuries, or internal organ injuries may take days or even weeks for symptoms to develop. By getting examined right away, you can receive the treatment you need in a timely manner.
Please contact the Duncan Firm today to schedule your free car accident consultation. We serve clients in Little Rock, Arkansas.