When you have been injured due to the negligence of another person or party, finding a good personal injury lawyer is important to ensuring you get the justice and compensation you deserve. With all the personal injury attorneys out there, finding one that fits your particular needs can be daunting. You want a lawyer who is experienced and compassionate, as well as one who will be available and explain things about your case to you in a way you can understand.
While this may seem vague, certain criteria are important for you to consider before settling on a personal injury lawyer.
Determining What Makes a Good Lawyer
· Case consultation – The Duncan Firm offers a free case consultation. This step is as much for you as it is for the Duncan Firm. This means while it gives the attorneys the chance to determine if they will take your case, it also allows you to decide if this is the firm for you.
· Verdicts and settlements – Ask about verdicts and settlements during your consultation. This helps to determine the record of success and compensation past clients of the Duncan Firm have received
· Explanation of your rights – Trust is essential when choosing a good personal injury lawyer. This includes explaining your rights to you in detail and being honest about your case. You should also be given a clear idea of what you can expect
· Professional memberships – Reputable attorneys are registered with the American Bar Association. The attorneys at the Duncan Firm are all members of this organization, as well as others. Being part of a professional membership validates the business and standing of the attorneys, as well as gives you the understanding that the methods used and knowledge given are current.
· Fees – No money should be collected up front. Reputable law firms get their fee when you win. This should also be explained to you during your initial consultation.
Your needs are the number one priority at the Duncan Firm. We want to educate you about your case, the law surrounding it, and make you comfortable in your choice. We will fight for compensation and justice from the minute we take your case.
If you or a loved one has been injured in the Little Rock, Arkansas area due to the negligence of another, please contact the Duncan Firm today for an initial case consultation.