When you are in a car accident there are steps you can take to protect your rights and help ensure full compensation – but remembering these things in the chaos following an accident can be tricky. Nonetheless, five things it is important to try and remember are:
- Do not admit fault – admitting fault or even suggesting you are liable can significantly impact your ability to receive fair compensation
- Photograph the scene – photographic evidence is extremely helpful when building a case
- Seek medical care – even when cleared by EMTs, seeing a trusted doctor after your accident can help ensure no injuries go undetected
- File a police report – you will want your accident documented. Stick to the facts. Do not admit fault
- Call Little Rock car accident lawyer Phillip Duncan at 887-6-DUNCAN – you need a lawyer on your side as soon as possible to protect your rights and help you secure proper compensation
Failing to seek legal assistance puts you at the mercy of insurance companies who are often more interested in profits than compensating victims. Our car accident lawyers know how to deal with these companies and how to help our clients get every penny due.
If you are in need of a car accident lawyer in Little Rock or surrounding areas, please contact the Duncan Firm to schedule a free consultation today.