Delivery Van Accident Attorney
It is unfortunate to be affected by injuries as a result of a delivery van accident. We understand the challenges delivery van accidents can impose, which is why we are here for you. At Duncan Firm, our expert team will fight to get the justice you deserve when you or your family member has been hurt in a delivery van accident.
What Is A Delivery Van?
A delivery van consists of a range of vehicles. The following can be defined as delivery vans.
- Food Delivery Vans
- DHL vans
- UPS or United States Postal Service (USPS) mail Trucks
- Furniture Delivery Van
- Water Delivery Van
- Beer Truck
If you are injured from one of the vehicles listed above, we will help you to receive fair compensation and support. Accidents can truly impact lives. However, Duncan Firm can help you find closure, money for your medical bills and care, and help you put your life back together after an accident.
What Causes A Delivery Van Accident?
The cause of a delivery van accident may vary. However, because these vehicles are so widespread on the road, they cause accidents often. Below are some common reasons that delivery van accidents may happen:
- Tired Drivers – Delivery van drivers often work long hours and are under the gun to get the delivery done. Although there are laws in place to regulate the number of hours a driver can work, sometimes companies break the law and have their drivers work more hours than the law allows. When drivers are tired, they are more likely to become distracted and make fatal errors.
- Mechanical Problems – Lack of maintenance results in equipment failure on delivery trucks. Faulty equipment can result in a dangerous accident and is preventable.
- Hiring Bad Drivers – Not all drivers that are hired belong on the road. Truck companies have sufficient resources to hire safe drivers, but often don’t because of a shortage of qualified and competent drivers, putting profits over safety.
- Lack of Training – If delivery truck drivers are not trained properly, it can result in an accident. A driver may not know how to operate a delivery truck in certain road conditions or on steep hills.
- Distracted Drivers – Delivery truck drivers work long hours. Unfortunately, it is easy for these drivers to become distracted by cell phone use or other distractions. Distracted drivers may not be paying attention to the road, which can make them unaware of other cars, stops and variables in conditions.
Medical Expenses And Lost Wages After A Delivery Van Accident
Medical expenses from any accident are often expensive. Plus, missed time from work results in lost wages that are recoverable under the law. Our lawyers will fight for you to receive compensation for the following example of medical expenses.
- Emergency room and ambulance fees
- Inpatient hospitalization
- Treatment from doctors who specialize in trauma from injuries in an accident
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Medical equipment, like wheelchairs
What Should I Do If I Am The Victim Of A Delivery Van Accident?
If you are the victim of a delivery van accident, contact our lawyers at Duncan Firm today. Serving Arkansas, Los Angeles, New York City and other areas around the nation, our truck accident lawyers are experienced, consistent and knowledgeable when it comes to law and accidents. We recognize how an accident can severely impact the life of any individual, which is why we will fight for our clients to deliver justice and the compensation they deserve.