As we enter the rainy spring months, it’s important to take proper precautions to reduce the possibility of being in an accident. Each year there are over sixty-thousand traffic accidents in Arkansas, resulting in over 400 deaths.
Duncan Firm has compiled a list of tips from a variety of sources to help you stay safe on rainy days.
- Slow Down - reduces the chances of hydroplaning, and reduces the distance required to stop
- Leave Room Between Cars - leaves you more time to slow down and pump the brakes
- Understand What To Do If You Skid - look and steer in the direction you want the car to go, and don’t slam on your brakes
- Stay Alert - people tend to zone out while driving, but make an effort to stay focused
- Turn On Your Headlights - improves visibility and it’s the law
- Keep Your Brights Off - the brighter light reflects off wet surfaces, which can cause visibility problems for you and other drivers
- Clean The Inside And Outside Of Car Windows - improves visibility
- Regularly Replace Windshield Wipers - improves visibility
- Check Your Tire Pressure - properly inflated tires improve grip
- Check Your Tire Tread - good tread depth ensures good grip on the road
- Avoid Cruise Control - increases the chance of losing control of the vehicle
- Don’t Drive When Water Is 3+ Inches Deep - control becomes too difficult, and the water can stall your engine
- Drive Less - postpone or combine errands for fewer bad-weather trips
Visit Here to learn more about how Duncan Firm can help if you or a loved one is in a traffic accident.
Category: 18 Wheeler Accidents