Uninsured And Underinsured Drivers

Home $ Uninsured And Underinsured Drivers

In our current economic climate, an increasing number of people are choosing to drive without car insurance. More than ever, it is important for you to carry uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage (UM/UIM) to protect yourself.

If you are in a car accident with a motorist who does not have liability insurance, or does not carry enough insurance to cover your losses, then your only safety net will be your own coverage level. Duncan Firm can help you pursue the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Please call our Little Rock office at 877-638-6226 today for a free case review.

Minimum Liability Coverage In Arkansas

Each state has its own regulations about the minimum amount of liability coverage you are required to carry. In Arkansas, each motorist should carry insurance that covers at least:

  • $25,000 per person for bodily injury
  • $50,000 per accident for bodily injury (if 2+ people are involved)
  • $25,000 per accident for property damage

Purchasing uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage will raise your premium, but it will help immensely when the day comes that another driver cannot pay for the losses you suffered because of their negligence.

Using UM/UIM Insurance

If you are in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist, you will need to file a claim with your insurance company in order to collect compensation. Unfortunately, bad faith insurance practices often make it difficult to collect the full measure of compensation you need from your UM/UIM coverage. Additionally, any procedural error that is made during the filing of your claim may cause you to forfeit compensation.

Our experienced Little Rock car accident lawyers at the Duncan Firm know how to protect your rights when negotiating with insurance companies. We will help you file your claim to ensure it is accurate and effective. If we need to take your case to court to recover the compensation you need, we are prepared to do so.

If you do not have UM/UIM coverage and you are in an accident, it is all the more important that you contact an attorney for help. It may still be possible for you to recover compensation through a personal injury case.

Please contact us in Little Rock today by calling 877-638-6226 or filling out the form on this page for a free case review. The Duncan Firm represents injured car accident victims throughout Arkansas.

Contact Us

Free Legal Consultation

Skip to content