Jury Verdicts And Settlements #2: 3 Keys To Success
What’s the secret to the success of Duncan Firm and their clients? It’s no secret, just decades of experience that have provided a proven formula.
- First, Duncan Firm takes hard cases with significant damages and a clearly identifiable wrongdoer. Rarely will a defendant just roll over and settle. All cases are hard and hard cases require a certain kind of lawyer, not just any lawyer with a law license and money to advertise. Duncan Firm takes the hard cases, and this is the Duncan Firm difference.
- Second, Duncan Firm has a history of taking hard cases to trial, and getting significant compensation for our clients because we have the resources to take on any defendant. What many outside of the law profession do not realize is that a majority of lawyers don’t have experience taking cases to trial. The costs and experience to adequately present a case at trial are significant; especially when the defendant is a major corporation with almost unlimited resources. Because of this, many firms focus on cases where they can settle out of court quickly. The downside of settling quickly is that opposing counsel and insurance companies are most likely aware of the firm’s aversion to trial, and will shortchange the victim by offering pennies on the dollar for settlement. Typically a firm known for taking cases to trial can provide their clients the best opportunity, under the law, to receive the maximum amount of compensation for their case.
- Third, Duncan Firm is expert at preparing cases for trial and winning on appeal. Not all lawyers understand proof, evidence, and the importance of building a case from day one through to jury verdict. Typically, dangerous behaviour by the defendant starts well before the accident occurs. We understand this point, and leave no stone unturned to uncover this history. We talk to every witness we can, and read every piece of evidence produced. Time and time again, this has resulted in our firm obtaining multi-million verdicts and winning cases on appeal.
Before your hire a lawyer in Arkansas, you should ask yourself:
- Is this firm the RIGHT law firm to take my case?
- Has the firm obtained significant recoveries for past clients, and against well-funded defendants?
- Has the firm had a significant jury verdict, and then won the inevitable appeal?
When you choose Duncan Firm, you can confidently answer ‘Yes’ to each.
Remember, Duncan Firm is willing and able to go to court so clients don’t have to settle for pennies on the dollar. If you or a family member was involved in an accident, or harmed by a product, please contact Duncan Firm as soon as possible. We can assess your case at no cost or obligation.