Workers Compensation FAQ

Home $ Workers Compensation FAQ

Duncan Firm

My employer says he’s going to take care of my injury. So why do I need a lawyer?

If you’re seriously injured at your workplace, it’s important to know all your rights. Plus, standard workers’ compensation may fall short of paying for all the medical care you might need. Experienced attorneys at Duncan Firm know what is necessary to establish liability in order to determine if you have a case. They can assess all the facts and determine the best way to approach your particular circumstance.

What is workers’ compensation?

Workman’s or workers’ compensation is a form of insurance that provides employees compensation for medical care in exchange for you giving up your right to sue your employer for negligence. The laws that establish the guidelines for workers’ compensation vary from state to state.

While workers’ compensation is a benefit provided to you by your employer, it is not always the best choice in the event of an on-the-job injury. An experienced workplace injury attorney at Duncan Firm can help you determine whether or not workers’ compensation is the right choice for you or if a third party might be at fault.

What if I’m injured in a motor vehicle accident while on the job?

When this happens, you can make both a workers’ compensation claim if covered by your employer, as well as make a claim against the other driver’s insurance. In this instance, the workers’ compensation carrier is entitled to seek reimbursement from you on any settlement you might receive from the third party. This is called subrogation.

If you have been hurt while performing your duties at work, you can make a workers’ compensation claim far more easily and effectively if you have an experienced lawyer helping you. Please call 501-381-1703 or email our Little Rock, Arkansas office today and we will schedule a free consultation for you.

Contact Us

Free Legal Consultation

Skip to content