Big Truck Accident Lawyer
What is a Big Truck?
Due to the fact that big trucks make up a large portion of vehicle on the road, it is no surprise that big truck accidents are common. Big truck trucks are difficult to safely stop quickly because of their size and weight, which can result in serious accidents. Unfortunately, big truck accidents lead to serious injuries or even death. If you or a family member is suffering from an injury or death related to a big truck accident, Duncan Firm is here for you.
For over 45 years, Duncan Firm has been successful at obtaining verdict and collecting settlements for families and individuals impacted by big truck accidents around the United States. Catastrophic injury attorneys who know now and understand the causes and injuries of this type of accident. Most trucking accidents on the interstates involve federal law and regulations. As such, your lawyers must be experienced in both state and federal courts.
A big truck, also referred to as a semi-trailer truck, big rig or tractor trailer, is a two-part truck which consists of both a tractor and a trailer. These trucks are used to transport heavy loads and can consist of up to 10 axles, sometimes weighing over 70,000 pounds.
What Are The Top 20 Largest Big Truck Companies In The United States?
If you drive on any highway, street, or road in Little Rock, Los Angeles, New York City, or around the nation, chances are you have found yourself driving beside one or all of the top 20 largest big truck companies in the United States.
- UPS Inc.
- FedEx Corp.
- XPO Logistics
- J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc.
- Knight-Swift Transportation Holdings
- YRC Worldwide
- Hub Group
- TFI International
- Landstar System
11. Old Dominion Freight Line Inc.
12. Ryder Supply Chain Solutions
14. Estes Express Lines
15. Werner Enterprises Inc.
16. Roadrunner Transportation Systems Inc.
18. Prime Inc.
19. Penske Logistics
20. UniGroup Inc.
Real Solutions. Real Results.
Lawyer Phillip Duncan has obtained over $500 million in jury verdicts, judgments, and settlements over his 45 year career, while building an experienced team of big truck accident lawyers who fight for maximum compensation under the law. Duncan Firm's trial team uses cutting-edge technology, highly respected experts and trial strategists to build winning cases.
If your goal is to hire the right team of big truck accident lawyers that leave no stone unturned. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Over $500 Million in Judgments, Verdicts and Settlements for Our Clients*
What Causes Big Truck Accidents?
Due to the huge size and force of a big truck, accidents almost always result in serious injury. Below are some common causes of big truck accidents:
- Lack of Vehicle Maintenance – Big trucks drive hundreds of miles daily. If a truck is not properly maintained, engine, brakes, lights, and tire problems can occur easily. These problems can result in serious and fatal accidents. Plus, lack of maintenance violates both state and federal laws.
- Dangerous Weather – Snow, ice, rain and wind can make big trucks difficult to operate in bad weather. Weather conditions can make it difficult for drivers to see, react and safely stop. Weather can cause an accident, leaving other drivers injured.
- Improper Loading – In order for a driver to safely operate a truck, it must be properly loaded. If cargo is loaded incorrectly, overloaded or not secured correctly, items can fall or cause the truck to tip over. Improper loading can impose great danger for anyone on the road.
- Driving Errors – If a big truck driver is distracted, tired or under the influence of drugs or alcohol, it can cause a risk for accidents. The law also requires big truck drivers to maintain a safe distance between the truck and cars in front. Driving errors lead to thousands of accidents each year nationwide.
No matter the cause of the big truck accident, Duncan Firm knows the law and possesses an experienced and caring team to help victims of big truck accidents.
Why Choose Duncan Firm?
Phillip Duncan has obtained over $500 million dollars in verdicts and substantial settlements over his 45-year career. Our lawyers are experienced, reliable and truly care about each client individually. We may not be the right firm for every case, and are very selective on the clients we choose to work with. We are not a claims processing mill like some lawyers and treat your case as if we’d want our own family member to be treated. We provide expert legal counsel to those suffering from injuries caused by a big truck accident and have the results to prove it whether it’s going to court all the way to trial or settling a case on the courthouse steps.
At Duncan Firm, we are trucking accident lawyers, committed to fighting for injured people and their families. We understand that a big rig accident can affect an individual’s income, health and overall livelihood. Our lawyers will support clients in regaining normalcy and finding a solution for their suffering. We are confident that we can obtain the necessary compensation to combat injuries, care and other expenses caused by a big rig accident.
Big Rig Lawsuits
Serving Arkansas and nearby Memphis, Los Angeles, California, New York City Metro, and other major, high traffic big truck areas in the nation, Duncan Firm settlement cases are effective in helping individuals recover from big rig accidents. Our lawyers specialize in representing clients and their families who have been impacted by accidents. We work hard to provide compensation for client’s pain and suffering. Our exceptional team specializes in obtaining compensation for individuals to cover trauma and medical expenses caused by an accident.