Travel Tips For Safe Holidays From Duncan Firm Of Little Rock
Travel during the holidays to see family and loved ones is one of the many things that we look forward to during the holidays. Most of these travelers will go by vehicle to see friends and loved ones both close and far. As a result, the roads will be busier than normal around Thanksgiving and Christmas. Although Little Rock may see little snow during the winter, we can still get rain, sleet, and sometimes fog. Consequently, the holiday season is one of the most dangerous times to travel. We want you to travel safe during this time so that your holiday season is as pleasant and memorable as possible.
Here are some safe travel tips for the holidays this year.
- Check your car before your trip – If your car won’t start, or breaks down on the road, on the way to your holiday destination, it can ruin all of your plans. Be sure to have your car checked by a mechanic or do it yourself before you go.
- Check the weather report – Just because the weather is great when you start out doesn’t mean it’s going to stay that way. Be prepared for winter driving conditions, and pack accordingly. Carry an emergency snow kit, including a snow or ice scraper, blankets, flashlight, small snow shovel, kitty litter or sand, flares, first aid kit, extra food and water.
- Check the road conditions – Avoiding an auto accident on dangerous icy roads can be done before you go by simply checking the road conditions. Pay attention to the weather report.
- Give yourself extra time – There will be more people on the road, foul weather, accidents ahead, and more, so it is important not to try and rush the trip.
- Do not drink and drive – Under no conditions should you drink and drive. Use common sense while on the road. In addition, be cautious and pay attention to other drivers, especially those you believe are driving erratically due to possible use of alcohol.
Hopefully the holidays will be a safe and enjoyable time for you and your family and that our safety tips help. However, if you or a loved one is involved in an auto accident while traveling this holiday season please feel free to contact the Duncan Firm for any help we can provide. As always, we are here to promote public safety and help people solve problems. We hope you have a blessed holiday season.