Insurance Bad Faith Lawyers
When an insurance company…
- refuses to pay a claim, or
- delays the payment of a claim for no apparent reason, or
- when they fail to uphold their end of your insurance policy
…it is referred to as ‘insurance bad faith’. Essentially, every insurance policy is a contract between you and an insurance company. Your obligation is to pay the premium, while the insurance company is supposed to pay for the claim if it is covered by the policy. When an insurance company fails to uphold their end of the deal, you’re dealing with bad faith.
Some of the most common forms of insurance bad faith include:
- Unreasonably attempting to lowball the payment of an insurance claim
- Failing to investigate a claim adequately
- Failing to reasonably interpret the language of an insurance policy
- Unreasonably denying your insurance claim
- Unreasonably insisting that you are healthy enough to work
An insurance policy is a very special contract between an individual and an insurance company. As a result of this special form of contract, the law imposes an obligation on insurance companies – that they must have good faith toward and deal fairly with policyholders. This means that language in the insurance policy must be interpreted in favor of the policyholder, among other rules.
If you believe that you are the victim of insurance bad faith, whether you live in Little Rock or other parts of Arkansas, it’s important that you contact one of Duncan Firm’s experienced insurance attorneys.
Many forms of insurance bad faith can be settled with the assistance of our lawyers, but the law limits the amount of time you have to file your insurance bad faith claim. Also, many insurance bad faith claims require aggressive legal action to preserve your rights as a policyholder.
Insurance companies should never treat you unfairly. If you believe your insurance company has not upheld its end of your policy, please contact the Duncan Firm using the form on this page or by calling 877-638-6226 today to schedule your free initial insurance bad faith consultation.